File Formats - Vector
April 25, 2022 08:23am
Any non-photographic content (including graphics and text) is recommended to be provided to us as vector-based files. These help to ensure printed lines and images are crisp and clear.
Types of vector files can include:
- Vector Adobe Illustrator (.AI) files
- Vector .PDF files
- Vector .EPS files
- .SVG files (these are not ideal for print, but can be altered)
When sending vector artwork components - as well as assembled, completed dieline files - check that:
- There are no cut or crop lines included.
- All transparencies have been flattened (this includes less-than-100% opacity screens and overlays).
- Text and Line Art follows our recommended guidelines.
- Any images in the design are embedded, not linked.
To do this in Adobe Illustrator, right click the element(s) in the Links palette and select Embed File(s).