See Related Articles
Using a Raster Image for White Ink
April 25, 2022 08:31am
Providing artwork in the White_Ink color ensures that we know clearly what you want to print as white ink.
- Ensure that raster artwork meets our quality recommendations for print resolution.
- Use a raster TIF or JPG file set to grayscale or bitmap color mode to apply white ink to the entire image.
- Place raster artwork you want to print white into Illustrator.
- Select the artwork and assign the White_Ink color to it.
See our article on setting up the White_Ink spot color here.
- Save the final file as .AI or .PDF.
*A video of steps 1-3 is included here for reference!
When sending artwork components - as well as assembled, completed dieline files - check that:
- There are no cut or crop lines included.
- All transparencies have been flattened.
- Text and Line Art follows our recommended guidelines.
- All images included are embedded, rather than linked -- To do this in Adobe Illustrator, right click the element(s) in the Links palette and select Embed File(s).
- You are only providing an Exterior or Interior file -- white ink is limited to single-sided orders