What is HDPrint?
April 01, 2022 11:37pm
*Please note that our HDPrintGloss offerings now have a minimum order quantity of 50 units.
HDPrint is our latest and greatest print option! With the help of new print technology, we're excited to provide you with this new, high-quality print finish option on the exterior of our Dreamcoat material boxes only. Some benefits of HDPrint printing include:
- Smaller ink dots! And smaller ink dots = finer linework. Small text, thin lines, and detailed images can print better than ever with HDPrint (compared to standard digital printing).
- Printed surface is smoother than our non-HDPrint products, resulting in a print appearance that is comparable to more expensive, high-volume manufacturing methods.
- Little to no odor! Depending on the design, the printed ink will have very low or zero odor on your finished box.
- HDPrint's single-pass printing process is “greener” than our regular printing option, which means less waste and less consumables used.
When combined with our Dreamcoat material, HDPrint printing results in a glossy print finish on the exterior print of the box. This means that unprinted (white) areas on the of your box will remain the original texture of the material itself, while printed (ink) areas will be cured to a high-shine gloss for a striking contrast! Deep and dark colors produce the highest level of gloss with this option. Pastels and lighter colors result in a more subtle gloss or nearly-matte effect.
HDPrint is currently limited to Dreamcoat material Mailer boxes, but stay tuned for future releases on our other material options!
To order glossy HDPrint boxes, you can go to our Mailer Box page, select or set your box size, select Dreamcoat from the Material menu, and click the Gloss option in the Print Area Finish section.
* Please note that the HDPrint gloss finish is only available on the exterior print of your mailer boxes. The interior of the box will have a standard white satin finish.